Friday, September 19, 2008

1st Day on Google Groups

Today I observed a Usenet group called rec.food.cooking, which is on Google groups. The first thing I have to mention is that, exactly like I expected, not everything was about food or cooking. There actually wasn’t as much off topic things as I expected, but there was enough to be annoying. I am sick of advertisements everywhere. One of the posts was “china discount cheap air force ones 25 years af1 sneakers.” What is that doing on a Google group for food? After looking around for a little while and reading some of the posts, I really don’t think this would be a place where I would want to get recipes. Not that nothing sounded good it’s just that I don’t think I would want to filter out all of the other postings. My other concern would be that I don’t know where these people are getting these recipes, so I would be a little weary.

No comments: